Tuesday, 26 March 2019

Questions (354)

Seán Sherlock


354. Deputy Sean Sherlock asked the Minister for Education and Skills when a person (details supplied) will receive learning support measures. [13509/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Education)

The National Council for Special education (NCSE), an independent agency of my Department, is responsible for planning, coordinating and advising on education provision for children with special educational needs.

The NCSE have informed my officials that they are not in receipt of any recent application from a school for supports for the student referred to by the Deputy.

The National Council for Special Education (NCSE) team of locally based Special Education Needs Organisers (SENOs) are available to assist and advise parents and identify available specialised school placements. They also support and advise schools in this area.

Parents who are need assistance/advice or who are experiencing difficulties in locating a specialised placement, should contact their local SENO. All local SENO the contact details are available on the NCSE website at http://ncse.ie/seno-contact-list