Tuesday, 9 April 2019

Questions (522)

Charlie McConalogue


522. Deputy Charlie McConalogue asked the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport if there is a rural grant scheme in place to assist persons with a rural hackney licence service in their first year in business; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [16098/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Transport)

While there are a number of grant schemes in place in relation to small public service vehicles, I am not aware of a specific grant scheme for rural hackney licence services in the first year of business. 

The regulation of the small public service vehicle industry, including rural hackney licences, is a matter for the National Transport Authority under the provisions of the Taxi Regulation Act 2013.

With this in mind, I have referred your question to the Authority for direct reply to you. Please advise my private office if you do not receive a response within 10 working days.

A referred reply was forwarded to the Deputy under Standing Order 42A