Tuesday, 9 April 2019

Questions (592)

Michael Healy-Rae


592. Deputy Michael Healy-Rae asked the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection the status of a jobseeker's allowance application by a person (details supplied); and if she will make a statement on the matter. [16325/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Employment)

The Jobseekers Claim for the person concerned is currently with a Social Welfare Inspector.  There were discrepancies noted between what was declared for the claim and what had been returned to Revenue.  The Social Welfare Inspector will be in contact with the person concerned in this regard.

With regard to an application for SWA the person concerned must satisfy a means test.  If the person concerned wishes to apply for SWA she may make an appointment to meet her Community Welfare Officer at the office in Edward St., Tralee to discuss her situation.

I trust this clarifies the matter.