Tuesday, 9 April 2019

Questions (618)

Aengus Ó Snodaigh


618. Deputy Aengus Ó Snodaigh asked the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government if a person (details supplied) qualifies for grants or an insulation programme. [16194/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Housing)

Grant assistance may be available from the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland in respect of energy efficiency retrofitting works to prevent heat loss from a dwelling.

My Department provides funding to local authorities under the suite of Housing Adaptation Grants for Older People and People with a Disability, but as the focus of this funding is particularly on adapting houses so that eligible recepients can continue to live in their own homes, grants for insulation are not covered and are more appropriate to the SEAI schemes.