Thursday, 11 April 2019

Questions (84)

Bernard Durkan


84. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Justice and Equality if a person (details supplied) can renew their student visa enabling them to study and work part-time; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [17149/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Justice)

I am advised by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) of my Department that the details supplied by the Deputy are insufficient for the purposes of establishing the immigration status of the person concerned.

I am further informed that it is open to the person concerned to write to Unit 1, Domestic Residence and Permissions Division, INIS, 13-14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2 setting out the nature of their request including a full colour photocopy of their national passport and any other documentation they consider relevant to their circumstances. 

Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to the INIS of my Department by e-mail using the Oireachtas Mail facility which has been specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up to date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by way of the Parliamentary Questions process. The Deputy may consider using the e-mail service except in cases where the response from the INIS is, in the Deputy’s view, inadequate or too long awaited.