Wednesday, 8 May 2019

Questions (1413)

Bernard Durkan


1413. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection if a weekly payment will issue to a person (details supplied); and if she will make a statement on the matter. [18831/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Employment)

According to Departmental records, the person concerned has not recently submitted an application for a social welfare payment.  It is open to her to submit an application if she feels she meets the qualifying criteria for the relevant payment.  Details of social welfare schemes and social assistance payments are available on the Department's website at  Alternatively, the person concerned may contact her local Intreo Centre where a member of staff will be in a position to assist her in determining her current entitlements. Contact details for the Intreo Centre are as follows:

Address: Moorefield Road, Newbridge, Co Kildare W12 T257

Phone Number: (045) 491500

Opening hours: Mon, Tues & Thurs: 9:15-17:00, Wed: 9:15-15:00, Fri: 9:15-16:30

Payment of a supplementary welfare allowance may be made where the primary social welfare payment/appeal is pending a decision.

It is also open to the person concerned to contact the Lo-call number: 1890 500 000 with any enquiries relating to her outstanding debt.

I trust this clarifies the matter for the Deputy.