Details in relation to 2017 and 2018 Part V delivery across all local authorities can be found on my Department's website at the following links:
Agreement on Part V arrangements is a matter for local authorities. The current options available to local authorities for Part V delivery are:
- the transfer of ownership of land, subject to the planning permission application, to a local authority for the provision of social housing remains the default option as is currently the case. The land option must be acceptable to the local authority, as well as the developer;
- the building and transfer of ownership to the local authority, or persons nominated, of completed social housing units on the site subject to the planning permission;
- the transfer of ownership to the local authority, or persons nominated, of completed social housing units on other land;
- the Part V obligation can now be fulfilled by developers through long term leasing of properties; and
- a combination of the options above.
Part V homes are newly built homes, rather than second hand homes. While my Department collects and publishes statistical information on Part V delivery for social housing, the data does not include details of whether the homes were in developments formerly considered to be Unfinished Housing Developments.