The Online Application System for the 2018/19 academic year was closed November 1st 2018. I understand from SUSI that students who wish to make an application after that date must satisfy one of the following criteria in order to be granted access to make a late application:
1) Course is starting after the Online Closing date of November 1st 2018.
2) Applicant has had a Change in Circumstances under one, or more, of the following criteria, after the Online Closing date of November 1st 2018 and no later than the end of the 2018/19 academic year;
- Reckonable Income;
- Number of Dependent Children;
- Relevant Persons commencing an approved course;
- Normal Residence;
- Nationality or immigration status; and/or
- Change of course or institution.
3) Applicant experienced extenuating circumstances that adversely affected them and their ability to make an application prior to the Online Closing date of November 1st 2018.
Some examples of this would be a close bereavement or medical circumstances. If anyone submits a late application request under this option, documentary evidence may be required to verify the circumstances prior to any request being accepted.
When a late application request is received due to extenuating circumstances, each request is dealt with by SUSI on a case by case basis. While the examples above mention bereavement or medical circumstances, all other extenuating circumstances outlined by the requestor are reviewed by SUSI and documentary evidence of same is requested where required.
A decision is then communicated by the SUSI Late Applications Officer to each requestor.