Wednesday, 8 May 2019

Questions (389)

Frank O'Rourke


389. Deputy Frank O'Rourke asked the Minister for Education and Skills if an urgent meeting will take place between his officials, parents, a school (details supplied) and the NCSE; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [19957/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Education)

The National Council for Special education (NCSE), an independent agency of my Department, is responsible for planning, coordinating and advising on education provision for children with special educational needs.

The NCSE team of local Special Education Needs Organisers (SENOs), who are locally based, are available to assist and advice parents whose children have special needs.

The NCSE has informed my Department that the local SENO is actively engaging with the Parents and the school referenced by the Deputy. Following on from this engagement the NCSE will arrange a meeting if required.