Wednesday, 19 June 2019

Questions (163)

Peadar Tóibín


163. Deputy Peadar Tóibín asked the Minister for Health if the State Claims Agency is providing indemnification to a clinic (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the matter. [25719/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Health)

The State Claims Agency (SCA) has a statutory remit to manage personal injury claims, including claims in respect of clinical negligence, on behalf of Delegated State Authorities (DSA’s) including the Health Service Executive.

I understand from the State Claims Agency that the clinic is covered under the indemnification provided to the National Maternity Hospital.