Wednesday, 26 June 2019

Questions (77)

Michael Healy-Rae


77. Deputy Michael Healy-Rae asked the Minister for Finance the way in which a person (details supplied) can register a vehicle here that was bought in the UK; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [27095/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Finance)

I am advised by Revenue that where a vehicle is moved from one Member State of the EU to another a registration certificate from the first Member State is a requirement when re-registering the vehicle. This requirement is set out in the VRT section on the Revenue website at General information on registration.

I am also advised that since earlier this year some importers of used vehicles have experienced difficulties in getting replacement registration certificates where they failed to get the original certificate. Revenue is dealing with such cases on a case by case basis and the importer should contact VRT Branch, Dublin Castle ( with full details of the case.