Tuesday, 2 July 2019

Questions (619)

Michael Healy-Rae


619. Deputy Michael Healy-Rae asked the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the steps which can be taken to resolve a matter in the case of persons (details supplied); and if she will make a statement on the matter. [28060/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Children)

The Deputy may be aware that it would not be appropriate for me to comment on individual cases.

I can advise that an application can be made for a Guardianship Payment to the Department of Employment and Social Protection. This payment may be appropriate if a child, who is an orphan or abandoned, is being cared for on a full time basis by adults who are not their parent/guardian.

I hope you find this helpful.