Tuesday, 2 July 2019

Questions (628)

Seán Sherlock


628. Deputy Sean Sherlock asked the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection if a person (details supplied) in County Kildare is entitled to a pension under the contributions of their late spouse. [27495/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Employment)

In order to assess a person’s entitlement to a widow(er)’s or surviving civil partner’s (contributory) pension examined, a completed application form must be submitted to my Department. To facilitate the person making a claim, an application form has been posted to them for completion and return to Widow(er)’s or Surviving civil partner’s (contributory) pensions, Social Welfare Services, College Road Sligo. Application forms are also available for download from the Department’s website www.welfare.ie.

On receipt of a completed application received, the entitlement of the person concerned will be examined and they will be notified of the outcome without delay.

I hope this clarifies the matter for the Deputy.