Tuesday, 2 July 2019

Questions (650)

Bernard Durkan


650. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection the progress to date in switching a rent supplement payment to a new address in the case of a person (details supplied) who was previously in receipt of the payment and has submitted all documentation as requested; when payment will issue; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [27786/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Employment)

The most recent rent supplement claim in respect of the person concerned was closed in October 2017. There is no record of any application for rent supplement since that date.

It is open to the person concerned to contact the South Kildare/West Wicklow Rents Unit should he wish to submit an application for a rent supplement payment. The Rents Unit can be contacted by telephone at 01 6732155, by post at Rents Unit, PO Box 1107, Newbridge, Co Kildare or by email at RentsSouthKildare@welfare.ie. The person concerned will need to complete form SWARS 1 and return it with relevant supporting documentation in support of his application.

I trust this clarifies the matter for the Deputy.