Thursday, 11 July 2019

Questions (283)

Thomas Pringle


283. Deputy Thomas Pringle asked the Minister for Education and Skills if a grant or other funding is available for parents of children with autism who wish to avail of early intervention services privately. [31221/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Education)

It is understood that the question relates to the provision of services provided by the HSE. The provision of health related services including Early Intervention services, for example, Speech and Language Therapy, are under the remit of my colleague, the Minister for Health with the services provided by the Health Service Executive (HSE).  Questions in relation to the provision of such services should therefore be referred to the Department of Health and the HSE. 

My Department does not provide grants or funding for Parents to engage private Health services.