Thursday, 11 July 2019

Questions (847)

Anne Rabbitte


847. Deputy Anne Rabbitte asked the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs if she has considered making inspection reports from mother and baby homes that are in the ownership of her Department available to survivors; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [30711/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Children)

My Department would consider any request for access to records in its possession on a case by case basis in accordance with the relevant rights and protections governing access to public records, in particular where such records may contain sensitive personal information.

All records held by my Department in relation to Mother and Baby Homes have been disclosed to the Commission of Investigation to assist its statutory inquiries into related matters of significant public concern.