Gross funding of €291.2 million has been allocated to my Department in 2019. This funding is being used to deliver a coherent package of supports to strengthen rural and urban communities. The most significant programme areas in terms of funding are:
- the Rural Regeneration and Development Fund (€52 million allocation);
- the Community Services Programme (€46 million allocation);
- the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (€43 million allocation);
- LEADER (€30 million allocation);
- National Rural Development Schemes (€20 million allocation); and
- Town and Village Regeneration (€15 million allocation).
These programmes and schemes, along with a range of smaller scale supports, enable economic growth and development and also support communities to address gaps in meeting social needs, including those caused by higher levels of deprivation. As in 2018, I expect that the available funding will be fully used this year.