Thursday, 11 July 2019

Questions (923)

Bernard Durkan


923. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection when a carer's allowance will be awarded to a person (details supplied); and if she will make a statement on the matter. [31366/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Employment)

Carer's allowance (CA) is a means-tested social assistance payment, made to persons who are providing full-time care and attention to a person who has such a disability that they require that level of care.

The department informs me that there is no application by the person concerned for CA registered. If the person in question wishes to make an application, she should complete and return an application form (CR1) to CA section in the social welfare services office, Longford, as soon as possible. An application form for CA can be found on

I hope this clarifies the matter for the Deputy.