The Sláintecare Programme Implementation Office (SPIO) has committed to working in partnership with key stakeholders. SPIO has identified four key stakeholder groups. Citizens represent one of these key stakeholder groups, along with Staff and Delivery Partners, Elected Representatives, and Wider Determinants Stakeholders. Wider Determinants include groups such as Local Authorities and other representative groups. As outlined in the Sláintecare 2019 Mid-Year Report significant citizen engagement has already taken place:
- A Citizen and Staff Engagement and Empowerment Programme, chaired by Dr. Gráinne Healy, is continuing to ensure the voice of service users is heard in the design and implementation of the reform programme.
- Significant stakeholder engagement, includes:
- 7 citizen engagements events;
- Over 40 stakeholder meetings/presentations/workshops;
- 12 significant presentations to staff, stakeholders, industry and media.