I propose to take Questions Nos. 2913 to 2916, inclusive, together.
Planning statistics are compiled by each planning authority on an annual basis for collation and publication on my Department’s website, at the following link: http://www.housing.gov.ie/planning/statistics/planning-statistics-1.
The statistics collected relate to the total numbers of:
- Invalid planning applications received,
- Applications received for outline permission and full permission,
- Decisions to grant/refuse permission,
- Decisions issued within the statutory eight-week period,
- Decisions deferred, and
- Percentages for grants/refusals, decisions made within eight weeks and decisions deferred.
The statistics collected relate to the total number of applications and decisions for all developments that require planning permission, broken down by year and planning authority, but are not broken down by development type.
The specific information requested in relation to refusals of planning permission on the basis of house design is not collated or available within my Department's statistics. Individual planning authorities may, however, compile information in this regard.