Friday, 6 September 2019

Questions (756)

Robert Troy


756. Deputy Robert Troy asked the Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation the consumer regulations in place to enable consumers to leave a service provider contract for a mobile phone or utility provider over the phone as opposed to in writing. [36849/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Business)

None of the consumer protection enactments for which my Department has responsibility regulate the switching of mobile phone or utility providers by consumers. I understand that the Commission for Communications Regulations has established rules and procedures for the switching of mobile phone, home phone and internet providers. I understand also that the Commission for the Regulation of Utilities provides advice to consumers on switching energy providers.  Questions about the procedures for switching mobile phone or utility providers should be addressed accordingly to my colleague, the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and the Environment.