Tuesday, 8 October 2019

Questions (144)

John Curran


144. Deputy John Curran asked the Minister for Justice and Equality if a person (details supplied) who was granted a stamp 4 visa status based on the naturalisation of the person's parent as an Irish citizen is eligible to reside away from the residence of the parent on a temporary basis without affecting the visa status granted to the person (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the matter. [40655/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Justice)

I am informed by the Immigration Service of my Department that the permission granted to the person referred to will not be affected by a temporary relocation to an alternate address in Ireland, while their circumstances remain the same i.e they are the dependent of an Irish national. The person concerned is therefore free to relocate closer to their college should they wish to do so.

Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to the Immigration Service of my Department by using the Oireachtas Mail facility which has been specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up to date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by way of the Parliamentary Questions process. The Deputy may consider using the e-mail service except in cases where the response from the Immigration Service is , in the Deputy's view, inadequate or too long awaited.