Tuesday, 8 October 2019

Questions (487)

Brendan Griffin


487. Deputy Brendan Griffin asked the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection if an application by a person (details supplied) for a carer's allowance will be processed; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [41011/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Employment)

Carer's allowance (CA) is a means-tested social assistance payment, made to persons who are providing full-time care and attention to a person who has such a disability that they require that level of care.

The person concerned has been in receipt of a Carers Allowance payment since 4th April 2002. The department has no record of an additional application for a second caree by the person concerned. If the person concerned wishes to make a further application, she should complete and return an application form (CR1) to carer’s allowance section in the social welfare services office, Longford, as soon as possible.

I hope this clarifies the matter for the Deputy.