Thursday, 17 October 2019

Questions (163)

Bernard Durkan


163. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Justice and Equality the most appropriate way to proceed towards extended residency and-or stamp 4 status in the case of a person (details supplied); if the person may qualify for a work permit in order to complete their education and proceed to employment through that route; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [42905/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Justice)

I am advised by the Immigration Service of my Department that the person referred to is registered as a student on stamp 2 conditions until the 23rd of July 2020. There is no route for a person on Stamp 2 permission to apply to the Immigration Service for a change of status to Stamp 4 permission for the purpose of entering full time employment.

The person referred to by the Deputy should contact the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation with regard to their eligibility to apply for a work permit.

Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to the Immigration Service of my Department by e-mail using the Oireachtas Mail facility which has been specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up to date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by way of the Parliamentary Questions process. The Deputy may consider using the e-mail service except in cases where the response from the Immigration Service is , in the Deputy's view, inadequate or too long awaited.