Tuesday, 5 November 2019

Questions (1031)

Michael Healy-Rae


1031. Deputy Michael Healy-Rae asked the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection the status of an application for child benefit by a person (details supplied); and if she will make a statement on the matter. [44294/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Employment)

Where an application for child benefit is made by a person who is not a parent of the child(ren) concerned the Department contacts the parents/guardians of the children for further information and confirmation (or otherwise) of the information provided in the application.

In this case, the required information has been requested from the relevant persons and the Department is awaiting their replies. Once this information comes to hand a decision will be made and issued to the person concerned.

I trust that this helps clarify the position.