Tuesday, 5 November 2019

Questions (1140, 1141, 1142)

Alan Kelly

Question:

1140. Deputy Alan Kelly asked the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government the number of computers in his Department that still use an operating system (details supplied) in tabular form; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [44714/19]

View answer

Alan Kelly

Question:

1141. Deputy Alan Kelly asked the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government if his Department will not be forced to pay additional premium payments to a company (details supplied) once support for an operating system expires in January 2020; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [44729/19]

View answer

Alan Kelly

Question:

1142. Deputy Alan Kelly asked the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government his plans to protect his Department in the event of a malware attack or security risks as a result of the failure to upgrade computers from an operating system (details supplied) in his Department and the agencies under his remit; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [44745/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Housing)

I propose to take Questions Nos. 1140 to 1142, inclusive, together.

A major project underway in my Department to upgrade Windows 7 computers to the Windows 10 operating system is substantially completed, with 89% of the estate upgraded and work ongoing in respect of the remaining 11%. Details of the locations of computers is not provided for security reasons. My Department will ensure that security and support is available for any computers continuing to use Windows 7 after the January 2020 deadline, if required. Details of any additional costs that may be involved are not currently available.

Information in relation to agencies under the aegis of my Department is an operational matter for each agency. Arrangements have been put in place by each agency to facilitate the provision of information by State Bodies directly to members of the Oireachtas. The contact email address for each agency is in the table attached.

Body under the aegis of the DHPLG

Agency Email

An Bord Pleanála

Oireachtasqueries@pleanala.ie

Ervia, Gas Networks Ireland

oireachtas@ervia.ie

Housing Finance Agency

oireachtas.enquiries@hfa.ie

Housing and Sustainable Communities Agency (Housing Agency)

publicreps@housingagency.ie

Irish Water

oireachtasmembers@water.ie

Land Development Agency

info@lda.ie

Local Government Management Agency

corporate@lgma.ie

Office of the Planning Regulator

info@opr.ie

Ordnance Survey Ireland

Oireachtas@osi.ie

Property Registration Authority

reps@prai.ie

Pyrite Resolution Board

oireachtasinfo@pyriteboard.ie

Residential Tenancies Board

OireachtasMembersQueries@rtb.ie

Valuation Office

oireachtas.enquiries@VALOFF.ie