Thursday, 12 December 2019

Questions (131)

Bernard Durkan


131. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Justice and Equality if a person (details supplied) can avail of the appropriate stamp status to facilitate studies; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [52532/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Justice)

My Department has no immigration record of the person mentioned by the Deputy. In order to apply for permission to study in the State, the person concerned must apply to my Department, in writing.

The person concerned should outline their current circumstances, their future intentions in the State and include any documentation they feel necessary to support the application. The application should be sent, via registered post, to; Immigration Service Delivery, Unit 1 - Residence Division, 13-14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2.

Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to my Department by e-mail using the Oireachtas Mail facility which has been specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up to date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by way of the Parliamentary Questions process. The Deputy may consider using the e-mail service except in cases where the response is, in the Deputy’s view, inadequate or too long awaited.