Tuesday, 17 December 2019

Questions (668)

Brendan Griffin


668. Deputy Brendan Griffin asked the Minister for Rural and Community Development if funding is available to property owners who allow fishermen access through their land; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [52589/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Rural)

I understand that the Deputy's question relates to access for people fishing in rivers and lakes. 

My Department does not provide funding for landowners who allow fishermen to access their lands for this purpose.

The Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment has policy responsibility for the conservation, protection and management of our inland fisheries resource and the Deputy may wish to contact that Department for any information they may be able to provide on the matter.