Skip to main content
Normal View

Free Travel Scheme Applications

Dáil Éireann Debate, Tuesday - 17 December 2019

Tuesday, 17 December 2019

Questions (678)

Seán Haughey


678. Deputy Seán Haughey asked the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection if a person (details supplied) will be issued with a travel pass and a companion pass; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [52628/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Employment)

The Free Travel Scheme operated by the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection allows people who are age 66 years or over and who are permanently residing in the State to travel free of charge on most public transport.

I am advised that the records of the Department show that the person concerned is not resident in the State and therefore does not qualify for a Free Travel Card or an Over 70 Companion Free Travel Card at this time.

I hope this clarifies the matter for the Deputy.

Question No. 679 answered with Question No. 672.