Thursday, 30 July 2020

Questions (272)

Michael Healy-Rae


272. Deputy Michael Healy-Rae asked the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport the way in which a rural taxi driver that may be in an area with no phone or internet coverage will be able to operate electronic card payment machines (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the matter. [20753/20]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Transport)

The regulation of the small public service vehicle (SPSV) sector, including regulations governing the use of card payment machines, is a matter for the National Transport Authority (NTA) under the provisions of the Taxi Regulation Act 2013.  

Accordingly, I have referred your question to the NTA for direct reply to you. Please advise my private office if you do not receive a response within 10 working days.