Tuesday, 24 November 2020

Questions (114)

Thomas Gould


114. Deputy Thomas Gould asked the Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage if funding will be made available to local authorities for compulsory purchase of derelict sites to utilise these to bolster social housing stock. [37908/20]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Housing)

My Department can provide full funding to local authorities for sites on which they bring forward suitable new social housing construction projects, including sites acquired by compulsory purchase orders. I am keen to see our local authorities expand their ownership of suitable sites for new social housing and with the record funding levels we have secured for new social housing delivery in 2021, we are in a position to support new projects including the associated site costs. It would be important for local authorities to engage with my Department directly and through the Housing Delivery Co-ordination Office on this important issue.

Question No. 115 answered with Question No. 80.