Tuesday, 24 November 2020

Questions (736)

Jennifer Murnane O'Connor


736. Deputy Jennifer Murnane O'Connor asked the Minister for Justice if it is possible for a residence permit to be issued in the case of a long-term de facto partner; if her attention has been drawn to the case of a person (details supplied); and if she will make a statement on the matter. [38462/20]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Justice)

The Immigration Service of my Department has not yet received a new application for Long Term Residency permission (Stamp 4) from the person referred to by the Deputy. This person, however, has Stamp 4 permission to reside in the State until 25 February 2021. Further permission to remain beyond this date may be renewed by her local immigration office without recourse to the Immigration Service of my Department.

Registrations outside of the Dublin area are processed by the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) through the Garda Station network. Further information, and the contact details of each registration office outside Dublin, is available from https://www.garda.ie/en/about-us/our-departments/office-of-corporate-communications/news-media/reopening-of-registration-offices.html.

It is open to the person concerned to submit an application for Long Term Residency to Residence Division - Unit 3, Immigration Service Delivery, Department of Justice, PO Box 12079, Ireland for examination.

In order to make an application for Long Term Residency in the State, the person must have been legally resident in the State for a minimum of 5 years (i.e. 60 months) on work permit/work authorisation/working visa conditions. Details of the application process are available on the Immigration Service website at http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Long_Term_Residency

Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to my Department by e-mail using the Oireachtas Mail facility which has been specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up to date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by way of the Parliamentary Questions process. The Deputy may consider using the e-mail service except in cases where the response is, in the Deputy's view, inadequate or too long awaited.