The CLÁR programme provides funding for small scale projects in designated rural areas that have experienced significant levels of de-population.
Since the programme was relaunched in 2016, it has provided funding of almost €39 million for over 1,600 projects under a range of different Measures including:
- Safety measures around schools and community facilities
- Outdoor play facilities
- Local Access Roads
- Targeted Community Infrastructure needs
- First Response support measures
- Support for Mobility and Cancer Care transport
- Community Recreation Areas
- Meals on Wheels and linked services.
The Measures to be included in the CLÁR programme are reviewed and revised, if appropriate, each year. The 2020 Measures placed a focus on supporting communities to respond to the impact of COVID-19.
I am currently considering the Measures for inclusion in the 2021 programme and details of the Measures to be supported this year will be announced when the programme is launched.
Recognising the importance of the CLÁR programme to some of our remotest rural areas, I secured a 10% increase in funding for the scheme this year, bringing the allocation up to €5.5 million for 2021.