Skip to main content
Normal View

Access to Higher Education

Dáil Éireann Debate, Wednesday - 24 February 2021

Wednesday, 24 February 2021

Questions (682)

Cormac Devlin


682. Deputy Cormac Devlin asked the Minister for Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science if his attention has been drawn to the case of a person (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the matter. [10022/21]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Further and Higher Education)

Education and Training Boards (ETBs) provide a wide range of courses to meet the needs of both individuals and employers. Each ETB determines the provision and location of particular courses and in doing so takes a range of factors into consideration. A full list of Further Education and Training (FET) courses are available at

I would encourage the individual in question to make an appointment with the Adult Education Guidance Service (AEGS) in their local ETB; in this instance Dublin and Dun Laoghaire ETB. The AEGS provides guidance and information to FET learners and potential learners before, during and after training and can go through the various FET options and supports available to them. This service is confidential and free of charge.