Tuesday, 29 June 2021

Questions (234)

Paul Kehoe


234. Deputy Paul Kehoe asked the Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage the assistance that is available to a group (details supplied) when not eligible to make an application for a well grant from the local authority; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [34775/21]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Housing)

Under the European Union (Drinking Water) Regulations 2014 a water supplier shall ensure that the water is wholesome and clean and meets the requirements of these Regulations. In addition, the owner of a premises where water is supplied for human consumption as part of a commercial or public activity is required to maintain the domestic distribution system of the premises in compliance with these Regulations.

My Department provides investment, through the Rural Water Programme, to deliver improvements to private domestic water services in areas of rural Ireland where there is no access to public water infrastructure. However, this grant scheme is limited to domestic households only.