There are a wide range of capital supports funded by my Department and administered by the SEAI that enable all businesses to reduce their carbon emissions and improve their energy efficiency:
- The Support Scheme for Renewable Heat (SSRH) provides financial support in the adoption of renewable heating systems by commercial, industrial, agricultural, district heating and other non-domestic heat users. This includes biomass or biogas High Efficiency CHP heating systems
- EXEED Certified grant scheme supports organisations with the costs of embedding energy efficient design in their assets, to reduce lifecycle impact with lower energy use and carbon emissions.
- Support Scheme for Energy Audits supports SMEs with a €2,000 voucher towards the costs of a professional energy audit.
- Communities Energy Grant (CEG) Scheme makes grant funding available for community-based partnerships to improve the energy efficiency of the building stock in their area.
Other supports for businesses include:
- Project Assistance Grants helping fund feasibility studies and business cases for energy performance improvements.
- Training (SEAI Energy Academy), information and advisory service, access to energy auditing services and case studies of best practice.
- Large Industry Energy Network where members work together to improve energy performance and share experiences.
- Accelerated Capital Allowances is a tax incentive scheme which allows businesses to reduce their taxable profits by the full level of expenditure on energy efficient equipment in the year the investment is made.
Full details on these supports are available at: www.seai.ie/business-and-public-sector/