As is standard in such circumstances, the High Level Steering Group for the All Island Strategic Rail Review consists of senior representatives from relevant bodies, albeit in this case it also reflects the all-island aspect of the Review.
It is chaired at Assistant Secretary level from my Department and comprises representatives from -
- Department of Transport;
- Department for Infrastructure (Northern Ireland);
- Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage;
- Commission for Rail Regulation;
- National Transport Authority;
- Iarnród Éireann; and
- Translink (Northern Ireland).
My Department has also engaged JASPERS, an agency of the EU / EIB, as its technical advisers on the Review.