Skip to main content
Normal View

Forestry Sector

Dáil Éireann Debate, Tuesday - 14 December 2021

Tuesday, 14 December 2021

Questions (790)

Joe Carey


790. Deputy Joe Carey asked the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine if a farmer in receipt of, and who has repaid, subsidies for land (details supplied) must apply for a felling licence; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [61752/21]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Agriculture)

Any person who wishes to fell a tree or trees must first apply for and be granted a tree felling licence in accordance with the Forestry Act, 2014. This is irrespective of whether the forestry was in receipt of grant aid and if that grant aid has been refunded on the sale of land.

It is an offence to fell a tree or trees without first obtaining a tree felling licence.