The Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) programmes provide for the training, assessment, certification and registration of non-craft operatives, providing the knowledge and skills needed for occupations within the construction sector. There is a new entrant programme for individuals who do not have the relevant experience for CSCS assessment and individuals that have no experience on Telescopic Handler and are seeking employment within the construction industry.
This programme will assist participants in securing employment and to gain the necessary onsite experience to undertake the assessment for experienced operator candidates. The aim of this programme is to enable new entrant plant operators to gain recognition through assessment of their skills and knowledge for the safe operation of Telescopic Handler under supervision. On successful completion of the New Entrant Programme, participants receive a Solas CSCS New Entrant Registration Card with an expiry date of two years from the date of the course. This two-year period is to enable participants to acquire the minimum of six months experience required to attend a CSCS experienced operator course.
- The criteria for the three-day New Entrant Programme is:
- At least three months full time experience working on a construction site
- Valid SOLAS SafePass registration card
Be 18 years of age or over
For the Experience Operator Programme as a Telescopic Handler, candidates must have:
- At least six months full time experience operating as a trainee Telescopic Handler operator in construction in accordance with the 5th Schedule – of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 – S.I. No. 291 of 2013. The six months experience must be within the last two years.
- Valid Solas Safe Pass registration card
- Be at least 18 years of age
I trust this clarifies the eligibility criteria for the Telescopic Handler (Teleporter) course.