15 May 2018, 18.56
Teacher and parent organisations are addressing Ireland’s growing problem of childhood obesity at Wednesday's meeting of the Joint Committee on Children and Youth Affairs.
The hearing at 9:30 a.m. in Committee Room 1, Leinster House, is the latest in a series organised by the Committee to explore why the rate of Irish children who are overweight continues to rise annually.
The scheduled witnesses are:
- Tomás Ó Ruairc, director of the Teaching Council, Ireland’s professional standards body;
- Geoffrey Browne, president of the National Parents Council Post Primary;
- Moira Leydon, assistant general secretary of the Association of Secondary Teachers Ireland;
- David Duffy, education and research official at the Teachers’ Union of Ireland; and
- Maeve McCafferty, education and research official at the Irish National Teachers Organisation.
Committee proceedings can be viewed live here.
Committee proceedings also can be viewed live on Android and Apple devices using the Houses of the Oireachtas app.
Houses of the Oireachtas,
+353 1 618 4203
+353 86 701 3295