24 Mar 2020, 15.25
The counting of votes for the 43 vocational panel seats at the Seanad general election will be held at the Printworks Centre, Dublin Castle.
Counting of votes begins on Monday 30 March and is expected to continue until Friday 3 April.
Access to the Printworks will be restricted to candidates and their agents in the interests of public health – this is the minimum attendance allowed by law. Candidates are being urged to restrict attendance by them to one in each case – either candidate or agent only - in the interests of public health.
Social media coverage and regular updates from the count centre will be provided on the Houses of the Oireachtas website and on the following platforms:
An indicative timetable for each count is outlined below
- The times shown below are indicative. The count for each panel will not start before the time shown but may start later depending on the progress of earlier panels.
- Counting of votes may continue until approximately midnight on each day.
- Opening of ballot boxes and preliminary processes: Monday 30 March at 12.00 noon
- Cultural & Educational panel: Monday 30 March at 16.00 hrs.
- Agricultural panel: Tuesday 31 March at 16.00 hrs.
- Labour panel: Wednesday 1 April at 14.30 hrs.
- Industrial & Commercial panel: Thursday 2 April at 09.30 hrs.
- Administrative panel: Friday 3 April at 11.30 hrs.