21 Oct 2020, 16.38
The Committee of Public Accounts (PAC) will meet tomorrow, Thursday, 22 October, to consider the Comptroller and Auditor General’s Appropriation Accounts, and chapters from his 2018 and 2019 Reports, with the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform.
Chaired by Deputy Brian Stanley, the meeting at 11.30am in Committee Room 3 of Leinster House, will hear from the C&AG, Seamus McCarthy, followed by the Secretary General, Robert Watt, and officials from the Department.
The accounts and reports to be examined are:
- C&AG Appropriation Account 2019 Vote 11: Office of the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform
- C&AG Appropriation Account 2019 Vote 12: Superannuation and Retired Allowances
- C&AG 2019 Report - Chapter 3: Vote Accounting and Budget Management
- C&AG 2018 Report – Chapter 4: Accounting for capital assets
- C&AG 2018 Report – Chapter 5: Accounting for allied services
Deputy Stanley said: “DPER is responsible for ensuring well-managed and targeted spending to deliver effective public services and value for money for taxpayers, and thus sets the standard for the rest of the public service. The Committee looks forward to engaging with the Secretary General and examining the Department’s central role in public expenditure.”
The PAC is a standing committee of Dáil Éireann which focuses on ensuring public services are run efficiently and achieve value for money.
The meeting in Committee Room 3 can be viewed live on Oireachtas TV.
Committee proceedings can also be viewed on the Houses of the Oireachtas Smartphone App, available for Apple and Android devices.