Written Answers. - Prescribed Relative Allowance.


asked the Minister for Social Welfare if he will consider changing the regulations in respect of prescribed relative allowance to permit allowances to be paid where a husband and wife reside with an incapacitated pensioner, which would encourage such pensioners to be cared for at home and would save the State the cost of maintaining them in institutions; and if he will make a statement on the matter.

No change in the regulations referred to by the Deputy is at present contemplated.