(1) That a Select Committee consisting of 4 members of Seanad Éireann (none of whom shall be a member of the Government or Minister of State) be appointed to be joined with a Select Committee appointed by Dáil Éireann to form the Joint Committee on Employment)
(a) to examine and make recommendations on all aspects of economic and social policy which have a bearing on employment creation and which can contribute to alleviating unemployment and
(b) to consider and make recommendations on any other issues or subjects which the Joint Committee considers relevant to its task
and report thereon to both Houses of the Oireachtas at least three times a year.
(2) That the Joint Committee shall have power to appoint sub-Committees (which may consist of members of the Oireachtas who are not members of the Joint Committee) and to delegate any matter comprehended by paragraph (1) to a sub-Committee.
(3) That the Joint Committee shall have power to nominate persons who are representatives from interested bodies to assist each sub-Committee in its deliberations.
(4) That the Joint Committee shall have power to send for persons, papers and records and, subject to the consent of the Minister for Finance, the Joint Committee shall have the power to engage the services of persons with specialist or technical knowledge to assist it or any of its sub-Committees in their consideration of any matters comprehended by paragraph (1).
(5) That, where a matter which has been delegated to a sub-Committee under paragraph (2) is to be considered at a meeting of the Joint Committee, members of that sub-Committee shall be notified of such meeting and shall be allowed to attend and take part in the proceedings thereof without having a right to vote; and persons nominated under paragraph (3) may be invited to attend such meetings to assist the Joint Committee in its deliberations.
(6) That in the absence from a particular meeting of the Joint Committee, or of a sub-Committee, of a member who is a member of Seanad Éireann, another member of Seanad Éireann may, with the authority of the absent member, take part in the proceedings and vote in his stead.
(7) That the Joint Committee, previous to the commencement of business, shall elect one of its members to be Chairman, who shall have only one vote; and shall appoint from among the members of each sub-Committee a member of the Oireachtas to be the Chairman of that sub-Committee.
(8) That all questions in the Joint Committee shall be determined by a majority of votes of the members present and voting and in the event of there being an equality of votes the question shall be decided in the negative.
(9) That every report which the Joint Committee proposes to make shall, on adoption by the Joint Committee, be laid before both Houses of the Oireachtas forthwith, whereupon the Joint Committee shall be empowered to print and publish such report, together with such related documents as it thinks fit.
(10) That the quorum of the Joint Committee shall be four, of whom at least one shall be a member of Dáil Éireann and one a member of Seanad Éireann, and that the quorum of each sub-Committee shall be three."