Léim ar aghaidh chuig an bpríomhábhar

Private Rented Accommodation.

Dáil Éireann Debate, Tuesday - 24 April 2007

Tuesday, 24 April 2007

Ceisteanna (979)

Róisín Shortall


1003 Ms Shortall asked the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the options open to a landlord having completed all the necessary procedures and statutory notices, but where their tenant refuses to vacate the property. [14485/07]

Amharc ar fhreagra

Freagraí scríofa (Ceist ar Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government)

Section 78(j) of the Residential Tenancies Act 2004 provides that a landlord may refer a dispute of this nature to the Private Residential Tenancies Board once the tenancy in question is registered with the Board. The Board may be contacted at Canal House, Canal Road, Ranelagh, Dublin 6 (Phone 01 8882960) and further information on their dispute resolution services is available on their website at www.prtb.ie. A landlord may pursue the matter through the Courts where the Board has confirmed to the landlord for this purpose that the Board has no jurisdiction in the matter. However, it remains an offence under the Residential Tenancies Act to fail to register a tenancy subject to a fine of up to €3,000.