I understand that the Deputy’s question relates to the Shannon Flood Risk State Agency Co-ordination Working Group.
The Group was established in early 2016 by the Government across all of the State Agencies involved with the River Shannon. The Group is building on the existing work and commitment of all the State Agencies involved in flood risk and continues to enhance the ongoing co-ordination and co-operation between members.
The Group met on 21 March 2017 and 23 October 2017. In 2017, a number of sub-committees were established in accordance with the Group's Terms of Reference to progress the delivery of initiatives agreed by the Group.
The Group comes under the chair of the Office of Public Works and members of the Group are at CEO level or equivalent with the following State Agencies:
- Office of Public Works;
- Local Authorities, represented by the City and County Management Association;
- Waterways Ireland;
- Electricity Supply Board;
- Inland Fisheries Ireland;
- Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht (National Parks and Wildlife Service);
- Department of the Housing, Planning and Local Government;
- Bord na Móna;
- Environmental Protection Agency;
- Irish Water.