The Public Appointments Service (PAS) has been provided with a capital allocation of €2,500,000 in 2019.
This funding will enable PAS to commence two capital projects in 2019 - Project Nova (€1m in 2019) and a project to upgrade the organisation's office premises (€1.5m in 2019). Details of both projects are outlined in the table below.
While both projects will commence in 2019, Project Nova is expected to conclude in 2021.
This funding will help to ensure that PAS can maintain and enhance its provision of quality recruitment and resourcing solutions across the public service.
A three-year project to:
- Streamline, enhance and harmonise the recruitment and selection business processes of PAS;
- Deliver necessary enhancements to the current online recruitment platform to allow for efficiency gains in the short to medium term;
- Replace the current online recruitment platform with a fit-for-purpose, future-proofed IT platform that meets the strategic and operational needs of PAS.
- The €1 million provided for in the 2019 Budget is the first part of a three year investment in PAS’s critical IT recruitment and selection platform that will involve total estimated funding of €3.5 million over the period to 2021. The 2019 investment is expected to commence by mid-year.
Offices Premises Expenses
A year long project to:
- Upgrade recruitment facilities for candidates to ensure optimal configuration and addition of interview suites to meet the evolving needs of the organization;
- Upgrade staff work spaces to reflect new work streams that have opened within the Public Appointments Service in line with the aforementioned harmonisation project; and
- Open additional staffing and customer spaces
- The project work relating to this €1.5 million funding provided in the 2019 Budget is expected to commence by the end of quarter one 2019 and be completed by end year.