The Land Development Agency (LDA) was established on 13 September 2018 by way of Establishment Order under the Local Government Services (Corporate Bodies) Act 1971. Pending the enactment of primary legislation, I have appointed an interim Board with a mix of public and private sector skills and expertise relevant to the objectives of the LDA. The Board members are:
- John Moran – Chairperson – former Secretary General of the Department of Finance
- Michael Stone - North East Inner City Regeneration Implementation Board
- Timothy Bouchier Hayes - Solicitor and construction law expert
- Michelle Norris - UCD Professor of Social Policy
- Conn Murray - Limerick City and County Council Chief Executive
- John Coleman - CEO of the LDA
- John O'Connor - Chief Executive of the Housing Agency
- Clare Costello - Department of Public Expenditure and Reform
- Caroline Timmons - Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government
In their letters of appointments, the Board members have been instructed that if their personal circumstances change in any way that may provide a conflict of interest for their Board role, they must declare the circumstances to the Chairperson of the Board. The Chairperson is required to declare any personal conflicts of interest to me. Also all Board members are required, under the Ethics in Public Offices Acts 1995 and 2001, to provide a statement of interest to the LDA no later than 31 January each year, in respect of the previous year.
On enactment of the primary legislation for the establishment of the LDA, a Board and Chairperson for the LDA will be appointed in line with normal arrangements.