I propose to take Questions Nos. 689 and 690 together.
Local Property Tax (LPT) is administered and collected by the Revenue Commissioners and is remitted into the Local Government Fund. The Revenue Commissioners publish detailed information on LPT collected annually, broken down by local authority, on its website at the following web link: https://www.revenue.ie/en/corporate/information-about-revenue/statistics/local-property-tax/index.aspx..
The current local retention regime for LPT began in 2015 and since then 80% of the estimated LPT liability in each local authority area for a given year is retained in that area to fund public services, notwithstanding any local variation decisions. The remaining 20% of LPT is re-distributed to provide equalisation funding to those local authorities that have lower property tax bases, due to, inter alia, the variance in property values and density in different locations across the State. Detailed information on the LPT retention regime including equalisation funding and allocations is published by my Department on an annual basis and is available at the following link: