Tuesday, 26 March 2019

Ceisteanna (1037)

Charlie McConalogue


1037. Deputy Charlie McConalogue asked the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment further to Parliamentary Question No. 521 of 30 January 2018, if the proposal has been taken under further consideration with regard to the eligibility for television licences in the self-catering sector; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [13601/19]

Amharc ar fhreagra

Freagraí scríofa (Ceist ar Communications)

In accordance with Section 142 of the Broadcasting Act 2009, any premises at which a television is located requires a TV Licence regardless of its use. Therefore, owners and controlling management companies of all holiday home accommodation premises which include a television set, are required to purchase a separate TV Licence for each accommodation unit.

There are no plans to change the current situation.